Monday, November 22, 2010

Japanese Cutural Influences 2

Somewhere in Spanish speaking site noticed about Japanese animator in Australia.  


 
Oooooh, what monaaaaadaaaa ... These three images show how the anime and influence in the West for over 20 years. I notice a clear similarity between Dot and persoanajes of Osamu Tezuka and F. Fujio Fujiko (look in the design: the shape of the face like the Astroboy, big eyes, the upturned little nose and eye shadow (these eternal tabs rimmelizadas) and cheeks (specialty Toriyama)) And if by chance, I would be surprised : The character designer is called Nobuko Burnfield (mestizaje forever!) and the head of animation is called Junko Aoyama, so YES, there is a clear influence of anime in this movie.
オリャー、なんだこりゃ、この3枚は過去20年に西洋アニメに何がおこったんだ。ドットが手塚治虫と藤子不二雄になってる。鉄腕アトムの輪郭、デカ目、小さい鼻と濃い睫毛。鳥山明のほっぺ。なんとキャラデザはバーンフィールド伸子(混血か)で作画監督が青山純子だと。それは日本的な訳だ。

















2 comments:

  1. Dear Mrs. Burnfeld & Beagleboy:

    As the administrator of the blog you referred to I want to thank you for the reference, which I guess confirms what I said about Dot Goes To Hollywood. As you would notice then, about two years ago, I'm by no means a fan of Yoram-Gross productions (though I really liked Dot Goes to Hollywood), but I feel really honored for this surprise appearence.

    Really, the internet JOINS THE WORLD!!!

    Arigato Gozaimatsu from Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete